As adults we sometimes forget to play. Yet, regardless of how old we are it is through playing that we learn about life and one another. It’s not so important what we play but that we play. As for the lessons… they can be found pretty much everywhere. Here are 10 I recently (re)learned from Wii bowling and my grandson.
- Sometimes we hold onto the ball for longer than we should. When this happens the only thing to do is swing again and to focus on letting go.
Letting go is essential for change to happen.
2. Bouncing a Wii bowling ball can result in a strike. The important thing is to throw it.
Throw the damm thing to the best of your abilities.
3. Sometimes we let go of the ball and it goes backwards. Mii folks will jump out of the way when this happens. Some will even laugh and smile about it because they know we all do this from time to time.
Surround yourself with people who laugh when they recognize imperfection, both yours and theirs.
4. It’s okay if we bowl a gutter ball because we get to try again.
Look for the opportunities that come next.
5. It’s important to stay excited even when we bowl gutter balls because we never know what will happen next. Anything is possible. Chances are you’ll knock down some pins on the second go or maybe even get a spare.
Remember that anything is possible.
6. It’s good to be our own cheering section. Sometimes Nanas have to make dinner.
Believe your own capabilities.
7. It’s lots of fun to celebrate small victories (like knocking down even one pin) and not just the big ones (like strikes). Small victories are still victories.
Celebrate whenever, whatever. Celebrate often.
8. There are many ways to bowl a strike including waving your arms up and down repeatedly. You never know what will work until you try everything you know and then something you never knew.
Creativity leads to success.
9.Playing Wii bowling is fun until it’s time to do something else like go outside or have dinner.
A life balanced by play is filled with many types of adventures and simple joys.
10. Hugs and high fives are the best. But sometimes high fives are better, like when you’re in the middle of a game. Big hugs where your feet don’t touch the ground when you’re done playing rock.
Love is always the secret to successful living.
Till next time,
Stay well and be sure to keep on playing,